Mosquito Control PortsmouthPortsmouth is part of the great Hampton Roads area, and with a population of 95,252 it is one of the smaller towns in the Virginia Beach area. It is however also one of the oldest areas in the country with a collection of historically significant homes in the Olde Town Historic District. There are number of areas in Portsmouth that are open to tours, including the Hill House and the Cedar Grove cemetery. Portsmouth is located near the harbor, and includes 13 square miles of water within the city limits, which is great for water activities, but also offers a perfect environment that can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other pests. Although most people only notice the adult mosquitoes that can plague the area during the warm and humid summer months, it’s all the water within the area that is where mosquitoes are breeding and creating a non-stop cycle of mosquitoes for Portsmouth.
Stop Mosquitoes Where They BreedSpraying for mosquitoes is just one part of an effective mosquito control plan. As part of each mosquito treatment, Mosquito Tek searches for all the locations where they are known to breed, and places larvicides in any naturally occurring standing water that’s around your property, and also empties any standing water that may have collected in containers that aren’t permanent. This stops mosquito larvae from developing into adults, and breaks the mosquito life cycle of adult mosquitoes laying eggs that grow into more mosquitoes.
Conventional and Organic Treatment OptionsEvery customer’s situation and needs are unique, which is why Mosquito Tek offers both conventional and organic mosquito control treatment options. Both options are safe for your family, pets, wildlife, and any plant life where the treatments are performed. Some customers want the strongest solution possible where mosquito infestations are at their worst, whereas other customers are more concerned with making sure only the safest and environmentally friendly products are used.
- For the toughest mosquito infestations, Mosquito Tek uses the Talstar product line for the conventional mosquito control treatments. Talstar is the most powerful commercial grade mosquito insecticides on the market, has a strong mosquito knockdown, and lasts for up to three weeks.
- For customers that prefer an all-natural solution that is 100% environmentally friendly, Mosquito Tek uses the Essentria product line for all the organic mosquito control treatments. Essentria is NOP compliant, has no aquatic setback, and is safe to use around vegetable gardens or locations where bees or other helpful garden insects thrive. It is also a good option for restaurants with outdoor seating, daycare centers, assisted living home recreation areas, or anywhere that requires a gentle yet effective approach. The organic treatments needs to be applied every two weeks.
Flea and Tick Control OptionsAs an added value to every mosquito control service, there is a low cost flea and tick control upgrade option that will also exterminate fleas and ticks as well. Most people know about the dangerous diseases that mosquitoes can spread like West Nile Virus, but ticks also transmit serious diseases like Lyme disease, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. For customers that are only interested in flea and tick extermination without the mosquito control services, they can purchase it as an individual treatment at an affordable rate.
Satisfaction GuaranteedMosquito Tek takes pride in delivering the highest level of extermination services that use only the finest commercial grade products, and stand behind their work with two important satisfaction guarantees. The Product Guarantee means that if you see a mosquito within 48 hours of any treatment, they will spray again at no cost to you. There is also offer a 100% Money Back Service Guarantee that if you are not happy with the service, you can get a full refund. Couple these guarantees with value of knowing that Mosquito Tek will also beat any competitors price by 10%, and you have no other reason to choose anyone else except the experts at Mosquito Tek.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Mosquito Control Services
What are the natural active ingredients in the organic mosquito spray?
Our organic insecticide uses peppermint oil, rosemary oil and geraniol. These ingredients are a natural repellent to insects, that are 100% safe to use around wildlife and plants.
What should I expect if I call for a mosquito control treatment?
It is important to keep your pets indoors or away from where we are working so they will be safe during the treatment, and you will need to leave your gates open if you will not be home for treatment. Each treatment takes four steps:
- We will assess your property and determine which pests we need to be eliminated (usually ticks, mosquitoes and fleas).
- We look for areas of standing water that are potential breeding sites.
- We treat naturally occurring areas of standing water with larvicide, and empty any standing water from containers wherever we find them.
- We spray for adult mosquitoes in tree-lined areas, low branches and underbrush, killing all adult mosquitoes and creating a barrier to prevent mosquitoes from entering your property.
Are there coupons or discounts available
We offer community discounts as an incentive for communities and neighborhoods to work together to control the mosquito population. There is is a coupon available to beat competitors by 10%.
Do I need to pay for an estimate?
We offer free estimates, but we ask to see the property so that we can provide an accurate estimate and offer the best treatment based on your property and needs.
What should I do if I see mosquitoes between treatments?
When you see a mosquito, call us immediately. We will come out and spray at no additional cost to you.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
Yes. We value our customers and do everything we can to make sure we eliminate mosquitoes from your home or property. If you are not completely satisfied with our services, we do offer a 100% money back guaranteed.
Do you offer one time service treatments for special occasions?
Yes! We have special event pest control service for everything from graduation and birthday parties to weddings and corporate events. The treatment will eliminate no-see-ums, mosquitoes, stinging insects and flies.