Mosquito Control in NorfolkNorfolk is home to largest naval base in the world, and has a population of 245,115, making it the second largest city in Virginia. Since Norfolk is surrounded by water, residents and tourists can outdoor activities like kayaking, boating, fishing, or water skiing on the Elizabeth River. Norfolk is a also a popular tourist spot, and many people come to see the Norfolk Botanical Garden or visit the Virginia Zoo. Since Norfolk has water on all sides of the city, during the warmer and more humid months it becomes a breeding ground for mosquitoes, which in addition to being annoying, mosquitoes can also carry diseases such a West Nile Virus and the Zika virus. Mosquito Tek knows that eliminating mosquitoes in Norfolk requires not only exterminating the adults that are known to swarm and bite, but they know how to control mosquito populations in the locations where they breed so they don’t keep coming back.
Eliminate Mosquitoes Where They BreedOne of the most essential steps for comprehensive mosquito control is to first treat all of the areas where mosquitoes tend to breed. A technician will first inspect your yard looking for any containers that may be collecting water, empty them, and in areas where standing water occurs naturally (such as ponds) they will use a larvicide to kill any mosquito larvae that can develop into adult mosquitoes. The larvicide will effectively eliminate the mosquito larvae, but is safe for other aquatic insects that are beneficial to the ecosystem.
Organic and Conventional Treatment OptionsMosquito Tek understands just how important your family’s safety is to you, which is why they offer two of the safest mosquito control treatment options available on the market. Both mosquito treatments are effective at knocking down mosquitoes and protecting you from the diseases that they carry, and each can completely eliminate mosquitoes for up to 3 weeks.
- For organic mosquito control, Mosquito Tek uses Essentria, which is a highly concentrated all natural insecticide that is completely safe to use in every location where sensitivity to insecticides is a concern, or when trying to maintain the most environmentally safe option possible. This treatment needs to be applied every two weeks, has no aquatic setback, and is safe to use around vegetable gardens and where other helpful insects such as bees are a concern. This is a good option for restaurant owners, daycare centers, nursing homes, and any location that requires extremely safe insecticides.
- For more problematic mosquito infestations, Mosquito Tek uses Talstar for any conventional mosquito control treatments since it is the most effective and lasts the longest, with a mosquito knockdown that lasts up to three weeks. Talstar is the best mosquito insecticide on the market, and even though it’s extremely effective at killing mosquitoes, it’s still safe to use around your family, pets, wildlife, and plant life.
Affordable Flea and Tick Control OptionsFleas and ticks can trouble people even for those that don’t have pets, and fleas can even find ways into your home by attaching themselves to your family, and once inside they can infest your carpets. Ticks and fleas are known carriers of tapeworms, typhoid fever, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Lyme disease, and when you consider these diseases can affect both your family and your pets, it’s important to take steps immediately to eliminate them before they can infest your home or bite you while enjoying time around your yard or property. Mosquito Tek are experts at not only killing mosquitoes, but they also offer an effective flea and tick control treatment that you can purchase as an upgrade to your mosquito control treatment plan, or you can elect to have your property sprayed for ticks and fleas as an individual standalone service.
Satisfaction GuaranteedMosquito Tek believes in doing the job right the first time, which is why there are two satisfaction guarantees. If you see any mosquitoes in the first 48 hours after your initial treatment, call immediately and Mosquito Tek will come back out and respray at no cost to you. There is also a money back guarantee that provides you with the peace of mind that if you are not 100% satisfied with the service provided by Mosquito Tek, you can get a full refund. As an added bonus, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best price since Mosquito tek will beat any competitor by 10%!
Frequently Asked Questions about our Mosquito Control Services
What should I expect when a mosquito technician comes out?
Every mosquito control treatment is performed using our 4-step system.
- We assess the area around your property for pests that need to be exterminated (mostly mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas).
- We seek out and identify all potential breeding sites.
- We empty out any water containers we find, and treat the breeding sites where water collects naturally with larvicide treatments.
- We spray the areas around your property where adult mosquitoes thrive.
Does Mosquito Tek use organic and/or all-natural mosquito solutions?
Yes , we offer organic mosquito extermination treatments as one of our service options. Our organic mosquito treatments are very safe for children, adults, pets, bees, other wildlife and plants.
How long does it take to do the barrier spray treatment and how long will it last?
Most treatments will take between 20 to 30 minutes to apply. You may only realize that we have visited when you notice the ticks and mosquitoes are gone. Larger yards may take longer to complete. Each treatment lasts about 21 days, and then you can schedule for us to treat your yard again.
Do I need to be at home when the yard is treated? How do I know the treatment was completed if I’m not home?
No. As long as we have access to all areas of your yard and your pets are inside, our technicians can apply treatment while you are gone. Our technicians will receive information about your yard when you sign up. The technician will leave a door hanger on your door after the treatment is complete so that you know that we visited.
Do you only work in the summer?
We offer mosquito control services throughout the year. The mosquito larvae begin hatching at the end of February. In mid-March will study the wetlands that we have recorded. This is larviciding and the service will continue through the spring, summer and into the fall.
How much is an estimate?
We provide free estimates in person. We can explain our services in details, answer questions and determine the best program and service for you.
What should I do if I have mosquitoes between treatments?
Call us. We will send out someone to treat retreat your property quickly without charge. We offer a 100% satisfaction with our services and we are committed to your safety.
Can I get a one-time treatment for an outdoor special event?
We offer special event spray services for everything from a barbecue party to a large wedding reception. It will still work even if it rains.