Mosquito Control ChesapeakeChesapeake is the third largest city in Virginia, and is known for it’s proximity to the Great Dismal Swamp National Refuge, the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, and the large number of wetlands that surround the area. There are many properties in the area that enjoy waterfront views, but along with the abundance of water in Chesapeake comes at the cost of attracting mosquitoes during the warmer months when humidity is at it’s peak. Mosquito Tek knows that Chesapeake homeowners and companies expect only the best in mosquito control results since mosquitoes can return quickly even after killing them, which is why eliminating them before they can grow into adults is part of every mosquito treatment plan that Mosquito Tek provides.
Eliminate Mosquitoes Where They Breed
Eliminating adult mosquitoes with insecticide sprays is only part of the comprehensive approach to mosquito extermination. It’s also important to prevent mosquitoes from developing into adults that can bite, and when you consider that mosquitoes are known carriers for deadly diseases such as West Nile Virus, then it’s vital that controlling mosquito populations is done the right way. The first step of the process is done by treating the areas in which they breed using larvicides where standing water exists naturally. The larvicides will kill the larvae before they turn into adults, which can then lay more eggs. In addition to treating any standing water with larvicides, a technician will look for any containers that may be collecting standing water and empty them so as to reduce any potential breeding areas. The larvicides are completely safe to people, fish, and animals, but will kill mosquitoes for up to 30 days.
Conventional and Organic Mosquito TreatmentsMosquito Tek offers two mosquito treatment options that are highly effective. Each option is completely safe to use around your family, pets, plant life, and any wildlife, but is deadly to mosquitoes. You can select whichever option is right for you when you schedule your appointment, or you can decide once you’ve met with the technician who can explain the benefits of both types of treatment plans:
- The most powerful choice is the conventional mosquito treatment plan that uses Talstar, a full-strength mosquito insecticide that is one of the most effective options on the market. It is known for the long-lasting mosquito barrier that it provides, and is effective for up to three weeks. Although this option is highly effective, it is still safe to use around everything except mosquitoes.
- The safest choice is the organic mosquito control plan using Essentria, which is an all-natural insecticide that is effective at killing mosquitoes, while still being 100% safe for your plants, bee populations, native wildlife and anything that is sensitive to insecticides. The organic option needs to be applied every two weeks, and has no aquatic setback.
Affordable Flea and Tick Control OptionsAlthough most people contact Mosquito Tek for their mosquito control services, they are also known for eliminating fleas and ticks. As an added value to your mosquito service, you also have the option of adding the flea and tick control upgrade that will also exterminate all the fleas and ticks on your property. Many customers choose this option since ticks are known for carrying diseases such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. You can choose to get the flea and tick spraying service either as an upgrade to your mosquito control plan, or if you’re not getting a mosquito treatment, you can choose to purchase it as an individual service at the everyday low rates.
Satisfaction GuaranteedMosquito Tek has a solid reputation of being one of the best extermination companies in the coastal Virginia area, and has the guarantees to prove it. The Product Guarantee provides that if you see any mosquitoes within the first 48 hours after spraying, Mosquito Tek will respray at no additional charge. Combine that with the Service Guarantee which offers a full refund if you’re not 100% satisfied with the service you received from Mosquito Tek, and you see why more people in the Chesapeake area are choosing Mosquito Tek to eliminate mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks from around their home or business.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Mosquito Control Services
What happens when you come out to complete a treatment?
Each time we perform a mosquito control treatment, we complete a four-step process:
- We assess all the exterior locations of your property to determine the types of pests that need to be treated. In addition to mosquitoes, we will address infestations of stinging insects, fleas, ants, ticks, and other pests you might not know about.
- We look for breeding areas for mosquitoes, this can include both standing water in containers and natural areas such as streams, pools, lakes, and ponds.
- We apply larvicide to permanent breeding sites and empty water from containers to give the mosquitoes fewer places to breed.
- Finally, we spray the outdoor areas of your property where mosquitoes lives. The insecticide will create a barrier that will kill mosquitoes on your property and any that may try to enter from outside your property.
How do I know I’m getting the best price?
While we know we have the best service and products in the area, we want you to get the best price too. We will beat any competitor’s written estimates by 10%.
We’re concerned about the environment, do you have all-natural or organic mosquito products?
Although many customers prefer the conventional treatment because it lasts up to 21 days, others prefer the organic mosquito options that we offer. It is 100% environmentally safe, is National Organic Program (NOP) compliant and lasts for up to 14 days.
How safe are your products for my pets, family and wildlife?
During the treatments, we ask that the area be clear of family members and pets, but once we are finished, you only need to wait 30 minutes for organic treatments or one hour for conventional treatments before you resume normal activities. The products need to have time to dry and if the humidity is high it may take a bit longer to dry.
We’re planning an outdoor party or wedding. Do you offer one-time service treatments for special occasions?
We offer one-time treatment services for your special occasions. Just contact us as you are planning your event and we will come two to three days before the event to apply the treatments. We will work with your venue, party planners, and caterers to give you an event free from mosquitoes, flies, stinging insects, and no-see-ums.